- The first step is to petition the Membership Committee with a formal letter of interest which names two current members of the Aurora Civic Association who are willing to serve as your sponsors. Your sponsors will guide you through the process and act as your liaison with the Association. Your sponsors will also need to provide written character references on your behalf.
- Your letter of interest, along with sponsor recommendations, will be presented to the Membership Committee and Board of Directors. Upon favorable consideration and if there are openings for membership, an application will be sent to you.
- Your completed written application should be returned with two sponsor signatures, a wallet sized head shot and the application fee. This fee is refundable if your application is not accepted.
- A lunch interview will be scheduled, with the intent that the Chairman of the Membership Committee and at least one other member of the Board of Directors become acquainted with you.
- Your completed application will be presented at a meeting of the Board of Directors for an initial level of review.
- Your application will then be posted in the club for at least thirty days. Members are encouraged to provide any information, recommendations or objections which could impact your proposal.
- After posting, your proposed membership will again be presented at a meeting of the Board of Directors for final approval.
- If confirmed, you will receive a letter welcoming you as a member of the Aurora Civic Association entitled to all the benefits of membership.
289 Broadway, Providence, RI 02903
© 2022 Aurora Civic Association